Prep this delicious cornbread in 15 minutes and let the oven do the rest. Every bite is loaded with the comforting, homemade taste of Zatarain’s® Cheddar Jalapeño Cornbread Mix, melty cheddar and savory sausage. Grab a piece for breakfast on-the-go or serve as an exciting side dish to your favorite protein.
Ingredients 12 Servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 box Zatarain's® Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream style corn
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- 2 Stir Cornbread Mix, sausage mixture and remaining ingredients in large bowl until just moistened. Pour batter into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- 3 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean and cornbread is golden brown.