Zatarain’s Gumbo Mix with Rice makes it easy to introduce this beloved tradition to your home. This holiday gumbo recipe uses leftover turkey, smoked sausage, chopped onions and bell peppers, celery, and savory garlic and turkey stock for a culinary explosion of Louisiana flavor in a single bite. Recipe courtesy of Jenny Fallo. Recipe courtesy of Jenny Fallo.
Ingredients 9 (1 cup) Servings
sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- andouille sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- chicken stock
- 1 package Zatarain's® Gumbo Mix
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 Brown sausage in Dutch oven or large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic; cook and stir 3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- 2 Stir in stock, Rice Mix and bay leaf. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add turkey; cook 10 minutes longer or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.