These potato pancakes start with mashed potatoes, so they are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Serve with a seasoned sour cream mixture.
Ingredients 9 Servings
- 2 1/2 pounds all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup flour, divided
- 3 teaspoons Lawry's® Coarse Ground With Parsley Garlic Salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's® Colorful Coarse Ground Blend Seasoned Pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Place potatoes in medium saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and return potatoes to saucepan. Mash with potato masher. Add butter, egg, green onions, 2 tablespoons of the flour, 2 teaspoons of the garlic salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the seasoned pepper; mix well. Cover. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2 Place remaining flour in shallow dish or pie plate. Using 1/4-cup measuring cup, shape potato mixture into pancakes. Coat on both sides in flour.
- 3 Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook pancakes, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- 4 Mix sour cream, remaining 1 teaspoon garlic salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper in small bowl. Serve potato pancakes with seasoned sour cream.