A fun twist on layered dip appetizer – layer flour tortillas with seasoned taco meat and favorite toppings like refried beans, cheese and avocado. To serve, cut into wedges.
Ingredients 12 Servings
- ground turkey
- 1 package Lawry's® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 Brown ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat, if desired. Stir in seasoning mix and water. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2 Place 2 of the tortillas, side-by-side, on a cutting board. Layer each tortilla with 1/4 each of the refried beans, beef mixture, black beans, tomato, olives, cheese, avocado, sour cream and green onions, spreading toppings towards outer edge of tortillas. Top each with a tortilla. Repeat layers, ending with a tortilla. Serve immediately. Or wrap tortes with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3 To serve, warm tortes slightly in the microwave. Slice into wedges with serrated knife. Serve with salsa, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: Serve with salsa, if desired.