These juicy burgers are smashed onto a hot grill or pan to create an epic crust. Season with Grill Mates® Cracked Pepper & Garlic Seasoning and spread with homemade burger sauce for a quick win at the grill.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- Burger Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons French's® Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon French's® Classic Yellow Mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Grill Mates® Cracked Pepper, Garlic & Sea Salt Seasoning
- Smashed Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon McCormick® Grill Mates® Cracked Pepper, Garlic & Sea Salt Seasoning
- 4 pretzel hamburger rolls, toasted
- 2 slices smoked Provolone cheese, each slice cut in half
- French's® Original Crispy Fried Onions
- 1 For the Burger Sauce, mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover. Set aside until ready to serve.
- 2 For the Burgers, mix ground beef and 1 tablespoon of the Seasoning in medium bowl until well blended. Divide meat evenly into 8 portions and shape into patties. Sprinkle patties evenly with remaining 1 teaspoon Seasoning.
- 3 Place burgers on grill over medium heat. Smash burgers slightly. Cook 4 minutes, then flip. Top 4 of the burgers with cheese. Close grill; cook 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and burgers are cooked through (internal temperature of 160°F).
- 4 To assemble burgers, spread sauce on cut-sides of rolls. Place burger with cheese on bottom roll. Add a second burger patty to each. Top with Crispy Fried Onions to serve.
- 5 Serving Suggestion: Try this tasty Tomato & Jalapeño Relish as a topper for your juicy Smashed Burgers. Mix 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered, 2 tablespoons chopped red onion, 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Grill Mates® Cracked Pepper & Garlic with Sea Salt Grilling Seasoning in medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Pile on finished burgers.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner