Layers of BBQ classics all topped with juicy brisket… this savory pie can’t be beat! The highlight is the slow smoked brisket flat seasoned with McCormick® Grill Mates® Cracked Pepper & Garlic with Sea Salt, it brings together the layers of creamy ma... Layers of BBQ classics all topped with juicy brisket… this savory pie can’t be beat! The highlight is the slow smoked brisket flat seasoned with McCormick® Grill Mates® Cracked Pepper & Garlic with Sea Salt, it brings together the layers of creamy mashed potatoes, sweet baked beans and savory mac and cheese. You’re going to need a second slice of this one! Recipe and Photo Credit: @maxthemeatguy on TikTok & @maxthemeatguy on Instagram. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 12 Servings
- 6 pounds beef brisket (flat only)
- 6 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Cracked Pepper, Garlic & Sea Salt Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons beef tallow (optional)
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 14.1 ounce package)
- 1 1/2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 cup prepared baked beans
- 2 cups prepared macaroni and cheese
- 1/3 cup low-moisture shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- Pickled jalapeños
- Candied bacon
- 1 To prepare brisket, trim excess fat, leaving a layer of fat about 1/4-inch thick. Round off any squared or pointy edges. (You want to make the brisket aerodynamic, cutting off any thin, pointy edges that may overcook or burn during the cooking process.) Season brisket all over with Cracked Pepper & Garlic with Sea Salt. Place on a rack with a drip tray underneath it.
- 2 Place brisket rack in preheated 250°F smoker. Cook until internal temperature of meat reaches about 170 to 175°F, about 3 to 4 hours. Remove brisket from smoker and place in the center of a large piece of butcher paper. Place tallow on top of brisket, then wrap brisket in paper to enclose. Return to smoker.
- 3 Cook until internal temperature reaches about 205°F, about 2 hours longer. Remove the brisket from smoker and let rest for at least 45 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly brush a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with oil. Prepare pie crust as directed and place in pie plate, pressing into bottom and up sides. Pre-bake pie crust as directed on package.
- 5 To build pie, start with mashed potatoes on the bottom then layer with baked beans and macaroni and cheese. Top with mozzarella and Cheddar cheese.
- 6 Bake 35 minutes. Remove from oven; keep warm.
- 7 Slice brisket across the grain into strips (you’ll need about 10 to 15 for the pie; devour the rest any way you want). Layer the brisket over top of the pie, making a spiral or lattice pattern, as desired. Top with jalapenos or candied bacon (optional) and serve with BBQ Sauce.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner