Refresh with the lemony, bourbon flavors of this Kentucky Cooler craft cocktail. A garnish of Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning on glass rims adds a little welcome heat to the sweet.
Recipe created by two-time "Chopped" champ, Chef James Briscione. He brings creativity to the table with bold flavors and spices in his new Food Network cooking show, "Man Crafted."
Ingredients 4 Servings
- Kentucky Cooler
- McCormick® Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning
- 1 Meyer lemon, sliced into wheels
- 12 ounces fresh Meyer lemon juice, peel reserved for Meyer Lemon Simple Syrup, (recipe follows)
- 8 ounces Meyer Lemon Simple Syrup, (recipe follows)
- 16 ounces bourbon, such as Maker's Mark
- Tonic water, for topping off drinks
- Meyer Lemon Simple Syrup
- Zest of 2 Meyer Lemons, removed in strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 Place the seasoning mix on a small plate. Rub the rims of 4 rocks glasses or mason jars with one of the lemon slices, then dip into the seasoning mix. Fill the glasses with ice.
- 2 Fill a pitcher halfway with ice cubes. Add the lemon juice, Meyer Lemon Simple Syrup and bourbon. Stir until thoroughly chilled.
- 3 Pour the cocktail into the glasses and top each with a splash of tonic. Garnish each with a mint sprig and some lemon wheels. Serve immediately.
- 4 Meyer Lemon Simple Syrup: Place the lemon zest in a heatproof bowl. Combine the sugar and salt with 2 cups water in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Pour the boiling mixture over the lemon peels and let steep 20 to 30 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer and cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.