Get party-ready with our Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple Salsa. A fruity salsa of pineapple, jalapeño and mango nectar is the perfect base for salty chunks of cooked canned ham seasoned with Grill Mates® Baja Citrus Marinade. Serve it inside hollowed out pineapple “bowls” for a festive touch.
Ingredients 32 Servings
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Baja Citrus Marinade Mix
- orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) canned ham, such as Spam® Classic, cut into small cubes
- 4 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple, about 1 (3 1/2 lb.) whole pineapple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 Mix Marinade Mix, mango nectar, honey and lime juice in large bowl. Remove 1/4 cup of the marinade mixture; set aside.
- 2 Cook cubed canned ham and 1/4 cup of the reserved marinade mixture in large skillet on medium heat until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- 3 Stir pineapple, onion and jalapeño into remaining marinade mixture in large bowl until well blended. Top with ham mixture. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve dip with tortilla chips.