A sandwich big enough to serve 6, our version of the popular Muffaletta has a little bit of everything important - deli meats, provolone cheese, veggie garnishes, Giardiniera – balanced with the craveable sweetness of French’s® Honey Mustard.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 3/4 cup pimento stuffed green olives, drained
- 1/2 cup Giardiniera, drained, 2 tablespoons brine reserved
- 6 tablespoons French's® Honey Mustard, divided
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1 large (8-inch) round boule bread
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) sliced deli ham
- 6 ounces sliced deli salami
- 6 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) sliced mortadella
- 6 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 slices red onion rings
- Dill pickle chips
- 1 Pulse olives and drained Giardiniera in food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to small bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of the Mustard, olive oil, parsley, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, and reserved Giardiniera brine. Stir to mix; set aside.
- 2 Cut boule bread in half horizontally, leaving bottom slightly thicker than the top. Hollow out the top half, removing the soft bread inside, leaving about 1/2-inch of the bread near the crust. Spread the olive relish mixture evenly on cut sides of bread.
- 3 Layer bottom half of roll with ham, salami, provolone and mortadella. Spread mortadella with remaining 3 tablespoons of the Mustard. Layer with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and pickle chips. Carefully place top half of bread over top; press down slightly. Cut sandwich into six wedges to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•Try the Honey Mustard Olive Relish on your next take-out chicken cutlet sandwich! Sweet, salty, & spicy- the perfect topper for the chicken sandwich wars.
•Make it a pita! Stuff olive relish, meats, cheese, and toppings into halved pita pockets.
•Put an egg on it! Why do burgers get all the fun? Top mortadella with jammy eggs for an extra layer of deliciousness on the muffuletta sammy.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner