Warm up with a bowl of thick, hearty corn chowder made right in your slow cooker. Chock full of crisp sweet corn, tender shrimp and cubed potatoes, it’s finished with Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk for a touch of rich, creamy goodness.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups original chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn , thawed
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) Thai Kitchen Gluten Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 PLACE potatoes, onion and jalapeño in 6-quart slow cooker. Add flour; toss to coat well. Stir in stock, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Cover.
- 2 COOK 3 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW.
- 3 STIR in shrimp, coconut milk and corn. Cover. Cook 30 minutes longer on HIGH or just until shrimp turn pink and soup is heated through.
- 4 STIR before serving. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner