This classic soup of Thailand can also be prepared with chicken or tofu.
fish stock or vegetable stock
- 3 cups clam juice plus 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, trimmed to use bottom 2 to 3 inches (optional)
minced fresh galangal (Thai ginger)
- Chinese ginger
- 4 makrut lime leaves, (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Roasted Red Chili Paste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Premium Fish Sauce
- brown sugar
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 Thai chiles, sliced, (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, (optional)
- 1 BRING stock and vinegar to boil in stockpot on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Stir in lemongrass, galangal, lime leaves and chili paste; simmer 5 minutes.
- 2 MIX lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in small bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add to stockpot with shrimp and mushrooms; simmer 2 to 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- 3 REMOVE lemongrass and lime leaves before serving. Stir in chopped cilantro and chiles, if desired. Ladle into bowls. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner