One of Thailand’s signature soups. This savory dish incorporates all of the exciting flavors of Thai cuisine. Rich and satisfying, it’s a delicious addition to any feast, Thai or western.
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) Thai Kitchen Gluten Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Premium Fish Sauce
- 3 stalks fresh lemongrass, trimmed to use bottom 2 to 3 inches
- 1 pieces (1-inch) fresh galangal or Chinese ginger, sliced and bruised
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 makrut lime leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoon Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Roasted Red Chili Paste
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed, or medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, or firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces / 425 mililiters) straw mushrooms, drained
- Cilantro springs, (optional)
- 1 BRING coconut milk, water, lime juice, fish sauce, galangal, lime leaves, lemongrass and sugar to boil in large saucepan. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes. Remove galangal, lime leaves and lemongrass.
- 2 STIR in chili paste until well blended. Add chicken and mushrooms; simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 3 LADLE into soup bowls. Garnish with cilantro.
- 4 Thai Kitchen Tip: If preparing with shrimp or tofu, simmersoup for 25 minutes before adding chile paste. Add shrimp or tofu with mushrooms; simmer 1 to 2 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink or tofu is heated through.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner