Impress your friends and family members with the Thai tradition of elaborate food presentation, such as using crab shells to serve a crabmeat and pork stuffing.
- 3 large whole crabs
- 1 cup ground pork
- 1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Premium Fish Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons fine breadcrumbs
- 2 cups vegetable oil , (for deep frying)
- Fresh cilantro sprigs , (optional)
- Red chile, thinly sliced, (optional)
- 1 RINSE crabs. Place crabs in steamer basket. Cook on high heat 5 to 8 minutes. Cool crabs slightly. Remove meat from crabs and place in bowl. Reserve crab shell bodies. Mix crab meat with pork, fish sauce, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper and 1 beaten egg until well blended. Stuff mixture into crab shells.
- 2 BEAT remaining egg in small bowl. With a spoon or small brush, brush egg on top of the crab and pork stuffing. Press into the breadcrumbs.
- 3 HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Place the stuffed crabs, breadcrumb side down, into the oil. Fry 3 to 5 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and chile slices, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner