Ingredients 15 Servings
- 2 packages (15 shells each) frozen mini phyllo shells
- 1/3 cup (3/4 cup) heavy cream, divided
bittersweet baking chocolate, cut into chunks
- semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 2 ounces (1/4 package) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1 Prepare phyllo shells as directed on package for crisp unfilled tarts. Cool completely.
- 2 Microwave 1/3 cup of the cream and chocolate in microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 minutes or until chocolate ganache starts to thicken. Spoon a heaping teaspoon ganache into each tart shell. Cool completely.
- 3 Beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of the sugar in large bowl until smooth. Beat remaining 3/4 cup cream, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and peppermint extract in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add 1/2 of the whipped cream to cream cheese mixture; stir until well blended. Gently stir in remaining whipped cream.
- 4 Spoon about 1 tablespoon Peppermint Crème into each tart. Garnish with grated chocolate, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Mini phyllo shells are available in the frozen section of most supermarkets. Flavor Variations: Crème filling may also be prepared with 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Raspberry Extract or Pure Orange Extract.