Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts, (2 crusts)
- 4 apples, such as Gala or Braeburn, peeled, cored and halved
- 8 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Preheat oven to 500°F. Mix cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl. Prepare crusts as directed on package. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly on surface of each crust. Cut each crust into 4 equal pieces. Place 1 apple half in center of each piece of crust. Fill center of each apple half with 1 teaspoon of the butter. Carefully fold crust up over apple half, pinching seams together to seal. Place dumplings, seam-side down, in greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 2 Bring sugar, water and 2 tablespoons butter to boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla; set aside.
- 3 Bake dumplings about 10 minutes or until crust begins to brown. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Pour sauce over dumplings. Bake 40 to 45 minutes longer or until apples are tender and pastry is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: Prepare as directed, using 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Apple Pie Spice in place of the cinnamon and nutmeg.