Skhug, a popular Middle Eastern condiment, brings spice to the table in a hot sauce form. Traditional ingredients like cumin and cardamom combine with the heat of Thai bird chilies, freshly chopped herbs, olive oil and tangy lemon juice to create a versatile topping for savory breakfast bowls and a whole lot more. Is it just us or is breakfast about to get a little hotter?
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 fresh Thai bird's eye chilies, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1 Mix all ingredients in medium bowl until well blended.
- 2 Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to blend flavors or until ready to serve.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Use Skhug Hot Sauce to prepare Chickpea & Ground Lamb Breakfast Hash with Skhug Sauce and Tomato, Zucchini & Chickpea Breakfast Hash with Crumbled Bacon.