Serve up this hearty beef fried rice recipe in just 35 minutes. Stretch a small amount of steak into a meal by adding the beef to Zatarain’s® Rice Pilaf. Mix in water, veggies and eggs and serve up a dish that will feed the whole family – up to 5 servings.
Ingredients 5 Servings
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Rice Pilaf
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 Mix Rice Mix, water, carrots and celery in medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat. Set aside
- 2 Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet
- 3 Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Add eggs and green onions; scramble until set. Add rice mixture, beef and soy sauce; cook and stir until well blended
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: For a touch of heat, sprinkle fried rice with crushed red pepper or drizzle with sweet red chili sauce.