Makes 10 servings
You Will Need:
1 pkg. McCormick Seasoning Mix
3 lbs. boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed and cut into two pieces
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
SLOW COOKER DIRECTIONS:
1. PLACE pork in slow cooker.
2. MIX Seasoning Mix, ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar in bowl until blended. Pour over pork. Cover.
3. COOK 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH.
4. REMOVE pork and place in bowl. Shred pork, using 2 forks. Return pork to slow cooker; mix and heat with sauce before serving. Serve on sandwich or slider rolls, if desired.
Slow Cooker Tip: For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.
INSTANT POT DIRECTIONS:
1. MIX Seasoning Mix, ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar in bowl until blended; set aside.
2. HEAT 1 tablespoon oil on SAUTÉ function. Place pork in pot. Stir and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Pour in sauce mixture. Close lid. Set Valve to Seal.
3. SET to cook for 60 minutes on MEAT/STEW function or until pork pulls apart easily. Vent pot and release pressure before opening. (Check manufacturer’s manual for safe operating directions.)
4. REMOVE pork and place in bowl. Shred pork, using 2 forks. Return pork to Instant Pot.
*Also Works Great with Chicken! Swap in 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts in place of the pork.