Coated in egg wash, dredged in a cornmeal and seasoned with a savory combo of McCormick® Red Pepper, Garlic Salt and Onion Powder, this is one crispy, delicious fried catfish recipe. Serve with a side of tangy tartar sauce to take it over the top.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- Tartar Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cayenne Red Pepper
- Fried Catfish
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cayenne Red Pepper
- 1 pound catfish fillets
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 For the Tartar Sauce, mix all ingredients in a small bowl, cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 For the Fish Fry, mix cornmeal, onion powder, garlic salt, parsley and red pepper in a shallow dish. Beat eggs in a separate shallow dish. Dip fish fillets, one at a time, in egg. Allow excess egg to drip off. Coat with cornmeal mixture.
- 3 Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Fry fillets 4 to 5 minutes per side or until fish is golden brown and flakes easily with fork. Place on a paper towel lined plate to drain. Serve hot with tartar sauce and lemon wedges, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner