Showcase summer's sweet corn in this rich and creamy chowder.
Photo credit: Ali Ebright from Gimme Some Oven.
Servings: 10 ((1 cup))
- Step 1
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium onion chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 ribs celery chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons OLD BAY® Classic Seafood Seasoning
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 leaf McCormick®Bay Leaves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 quart (4 cups) whole milk
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1 Heat butter and oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add potatoes onion celery bell pepper Old Bay Seasoning and bay leaf; cook and stir 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with flour; cook 2 minutes stirring constantly. Stir in milk and chicken broth. Bring to boil. Add corn and crabmeat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf.