A family favorite casserole and a flavorful way to use leftover mashed potatoes.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup Lawry's® Steak & Chop Marinade
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 package (24 ounces) prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 Melt butter in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and mushrooms; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add ground beef; cook and stir 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in marinade and tomato paste until well blended. Add peas; stir gently.
- 2 Spoon mixture into 2-quart casserole. Spread evenly with potatoes.
- 3 Broil 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Substitution Tip: Use 2 1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes, heated, in place of the prepared mashed potatoes.