Mark's Grilling Guide
Spice up your grilling game with Mark’s top six go-to tips:
1. When using wooden skewers while grilling, you should always soak them in water for around 30 minutes to ensure they don’t burn when they’re placed on a hot grill.
2. Flip the protein as few times as possible – once is usually enough.
3. When grilling my favorite – fish – if you’re not skewering, try using foil. It helps distribute the heat evenly and prevents any fish from flaking off and falling into the flames.
4. Allow your seasoning or marinade to sit for a few hours to guarantee a robust and delicious flavor. If you don’t have time to wait, you can massage the seasoning into your protein using a resealable bag. A few minutes of massage can be equal to hours of marinating time.
5. The right tools can make a big difference. Nothing beats a quality spatula and tongs, but people often forget the cooling rack. The protein you’re grilling continues to cook a bit after taking it off the heat. Putting everything on a cooling rack after taking it off the grill will get everything to the perfect temperature.