Fragrant, savory sauce isn't just a weekend thing. Season tomatoes, garlic and onion with Organic Italian Seasoning with Flaxseed for authentic Mediterranean flavor. Once cooked down, toss with the pasta of your choice - spaghetti, penne and rigatoni are all good options - and enjoy an easy, Italian meal at home.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, core removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Gourmet™ Italian Seasoning With Flax
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven on medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender.
- 2 Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer 30 to 45 minutes or just until tomatoes begin to break down, stirring occasionally. For a chunky tomato sauce, serve as is. For a smooth tomato sauce, puree sauce directly in saucepan using an immersion blender or puree in a blender.