This tasty pasta dish brings a classic meat sauce of Italy together with the exotic spices and authentic flavors of Turkey’s traditional manti dumplings. Spooned over tender cavatelli pasta, Eastern Mediterranean Bolognese is topped with a cool yogurt sauce, cucumbers, tomatoes and fresh mint.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) cavatelli pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound meat loaf mix, (ground beef, pork and veal)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Mint
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup torn mint leaves
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add meat loaf mix, onion, tomato paste, paprika, dried mint and red pepper; cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until meat is browned. Add stock; simmer 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 3 Mix cucumbers, tomatoes and fresh mint in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside. Mix yogurt, water and garlic with whisk until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 Serve bolognese over cavatelli. Top with yogurt sauce and cucumber tomato mixture.