30 minute cook time. Zatarain’s® Cajun Chicken Flavored Rice. Oil and water. Red bell pepper, celery, onion and beans. It all adds up to one delicious dinner side for you and the fam. Make it your own with toppers like shredded cheese, sour cream or chopped cilantro.
Ingredients 6 (1 cup) Servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 package Zatarain's® Cajun Chicken Flavor Rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add celery, pepper and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- 2 Stir water and Rice Mix into skillet. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- 3 Stir in beans. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.