Take turkey to the next level with Zatarain’s® Cajun Injector Creole Butter Marinade. Injected deep into the meat, it adds buttery, moist flavor to your turkey from the inside out. Create a tasty crust with an additional layer of Zatarain’s® Creole Seasoning. Deep fried and oh-so-delicious, this recipe is about to become a new family favorite.
Ingredients 10 Servings
- 1 whole turkey, (10 to 12 pounds), fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Zatarain's® Cajun Injectors® Creole Butter Recipe™ Injectable Marinade Refill
- 2 tablespoons Zatarain's® New Orleans Style Creole Seasoning
- vegetable oil
- 1 Remove turkey from packaging and remove the neck, giblets, etc. from the cavity. Rinse turkey thoroughly and pat dry. Place in large pan.
- 2 Attach needle to Injector by turning clockwise until snug. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN NEEDLE. Pour Marinade into separate container and draw into injector. Inject marinade at points 1 to 2 inches apart in the turkey. Season turkey evenly with Creole Seasoning.
- 3 Fill fryer pot with oil and heat to 400°F. (Check turkey fryer manufacturer’s manual for safe operating instructions.) Place turkey in fry basket and slowly lower basket into oil. Fry turkey about 3 1/2 minutes per pound (about 35 to 42 minutes for a 10- to 12-pound turkey). Turkey is done when juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a fork and internal temperature reaches 165°F in the breast and 175°F in the thigh. (Do not let the thermometer touch the bone.)
- 4 Hang basket from fryer hook to drain. Remove turkey from basket and place on platter or carving board. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.