A mainstay of Chinese restaurants, this flavorful vegetarian soup comes together quickly and easily at home with McCormick® spices and seasonings like ginger, white pepper and sesame seed.
Ingredients 6 (1 cup) Servings
- 4 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- 8 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground White Pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Sesame Seed
- 1 Bring stock, mushrooms and bamboo shoots to boil in large saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and white pepper.
- 2 Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl until smooth. Stir into saucepan with wire whisk. Gradually whisk in egg white; simmer until cooked through.
- 3 Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seed.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner