Create one of Cuba’s most popular dishes for your family tonight - black beans and rice. This savory dish is bursting with the citrus, garlic flavors of Lawry’s® Mojo Criollo Marinade.
Servings: 8 (1 cup)
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Lawry's® Mojo Criollo Marinade with Lawry's Garlic Salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Cook rice according to package directions; keep warm.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until softened. Add beans, water and marinade. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3 Remove 1/2 cup of the bean mixture to small bowl; mash with fork. Return mashed beans to saucepan; stir until well blended. Serve over cooked rice. Sprinkle with cilantro.