Adding wood chips to the grill imparts a subtle smoky flavor to salmon. Serve over fresh spinach with tomatoes, cucumber and feta cheese for a lighter main dish.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- alder wood chips
- 1 pound salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 1/2 cup Lawry's® Mediterranean Herb & White Wine Marinade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Soak wood chips in enough water to cover for 1 hour. Place salmon in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add 1/4 cup of the marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2 Drain wood chips. Fill smoker box with wet wood chips. Place smoker box under grill rack on one side of grill. Close lid. Heat grill on high heat about 10 minutes or until smoke appears from chips. Reduce heat to medium.
- 3 Remove salmon from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Place salmon on grill. Close grill. Grill salmon over medium heat 6 to 7 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing with 2 tablespoons of the remaining marinade.
- 4 Meanwhile, mix remaining 2 tablespoons marinade, oil and vinegar in small bowl until well blended. Divide spinach among 4 plates. Top with tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and feta cheese. Serve salmon over salad. Drizzle with dressing.