This Pennsylvania Dutch inspired soup uses noodles in place of a crust. Rich chicken stock simmers with chicken thighs and thick noodles for a hearty weeknight dish everyone will love.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 container (32 ounces) chicken stock, (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
(about 3 cups)
pot pie squares
- See Tip below to make your own
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Mix stock and flour with wire whisk in slow cooker until well blended. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover.
- 2 Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH.
- 3 Remove chicken from slow cooker. Remove chicken bones and shred or cut meat into bite-size pieces. Return chicken to slow cooker, stirring to mix.
- 4 Homemade Pot Pie Squares: Mix 2 1/2 cups flour, 4 tablespoons softened butter, 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl until blended. Gradually add 1/3 cup milk, stirring until soft dough forms. Roll out dough on lightly floured work surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares. Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Cook noodles in batches about 3 minutes or until they float to the surface. Drain well. Use as directed.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner