Peruvian spit-roasted chicken, or Pollo a la Brasa, is an iconic South American dish, and this grilled version delivers flavorful, tender and juicy chicken everytime. The two accompanying sauces — featuring ají amarillo and ají rocoto chilies — offe... Peruvian spit-roasted chicken, or Pollo a la Brasa, is an iconic South American dish, and this grilled version delivers flavorful, tender and juicy chicken everytime. The two accompanying sauces — featuring ají amarillo and ají rocoto chilies — offer hot and tangy counterpoints. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 8 Servings
- Peruvian Chicken
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, quartered
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons ají amarillo paste
- 2 tablespoons ají panca paste
- 12 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Mustard
- Green Chile Sauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ají amarillo paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- Creamy Rocoto Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ají rocoto paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Oregano Leaves
- 1 For the Peruvian Chicken, place chicken in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Mix all remaining chicken ingredients in small bowl. Add marinade to chicken; turn to coat well. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight for extra flavor.
- 2 Meanwhile, prepare the two sauces. For the Green Sauce, place all ingredients in blender container; cover. Blend on high speed until smooth. For the Rocoto Sauce, mix all ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Cover and refrigerate both sauces until ready to serve.
- 3 Prepare grill for indirect medium-low heat (275°F to 300°F). Preheat grill by turning all burners to medium. Turn off burner(s) on one side. Remove chicken from marinade and place on unlit side of grill. Discard any remaining marinade. Close grill.
- 4 Grill 40 to 45 minutes or until internal temperature of thickest part of chicken is 165°F, turning occasionally. Move chicken to lit side of grill with skin side down. Turn lit side of grill to high.
- 5 Grill, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes longer or until chicken is charred. Cut chicken into serving size pieces. Serve chicken with Green Chile Sauce and Creamy Rocoto Sauce, and lime wedges, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner