Ingredients 9 (1/2 cup) Servings
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- 1 tablespoon ají rocoto paste
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup peeled honeydew chunks, (1/2-inch chunks)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced red Fresno chilies
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Peel back the corn husks without removing husk or stem. Remove all of the corn silk. With husks pulled back, tie together with piece of husk. Grill over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until corn is tender and lightly charred to golden brown, turning occasionally. Cool slightly. Cut corn kernels off cob.
- 2 Mix lemon juice, liqueur, rocoto paste, cumin, garlic, sea salt and pepper in medium bowl until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3 Bring 1 cup water to boil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Gently stir in shrimp; cover. Steam 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse under cold water. Slice shrimp in half horizontally. Add shrimp to rocoto marinade; toss to coat well. Cover. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4 To serve, arrange shrimp, corn and honeydew in shallow serving plates. Drizzle each with the rocoto marinade. Garnish with Fresno chilies and cilantro.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Ají rocoto paste is made from ají rocoto, a very hot Peruvian red pepper. It can be found in Latin markets, online specialty stores or the Latin aisle of some supermarkets.
Chilies contain capsaicin which can burn your skin. After slicing chilies, wash hands and cutting board thoroughly with warm soapy water. Or wear rubber gloves when handling the chilies.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.