The warm flavors of gingerbread come together in this rich and creamy homemade gingerbread ale ice cream that’s sure to be a hit during the holidays.
Ingredients 12 (1/2 cup) Servings
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) gingerbread beer, such as Blue Moon® Gingerbread Spiced Ale
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cook beer in small saucepan on medium-low heat until reduced by half (about 3/4 cup).
- 2 Bring half-and-half and cream to boil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Remove from heat. Meanwhile, beat egg yolks, sugar, ginger and cinnamon in large bowl with wire whisk until thickened. Gradually whisk the hot cream mixture into the egg mixture in bowl until well blended. Pour this mixture back into the saucepan. Cook and stir on medium heat 10 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Stir in the reduced beer, molasses and vanilla.
- 3 Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until well chilled. Pour into an ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.