In this bold margarita, fresh pineapple, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar cook together to create a caramelized flavor. Then, they are combined with mezcal and lime juice for a cocktail that’s equal parts sweet, spicy, smoky and tart.
Ingredients 6 (1 cup) Servings
- 1 (3 pound) fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Saigon Cinnamon Sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 6 cups ice cubes
- 2/3 cup mezcal
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Remove pineapple leaves; reserve for garnish. Peel, core and cut pineapple into chunks.
- 2 Mix sugars, pineapple juice, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg in heavy large saucepan or Dutch oven. Cook on medium heat until mixture comes to boil. Add pineapple chunks; cook and stir 35 minutes or until pineapple is golden brown. Let cool to room temperature. Remove cinnamon sticks.
- 3 Place pineapple mixture, ice, mezcal, lime juice and vanilla in blender container; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into beverage glasses. Garnish with pineapple leaves.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner