A beverage to delight the eyes as well as the taste buds. A lively Latin duo of tart colorful hibiscus flowers and mildly fruity ancho chile pepper add punch to sangria.
Ingredients 8 (1 cup) Servings
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Gourmet™ Ancho Chile Pepper
- 2 cups whole dried hibiscus flowers
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup orange-flavored liqueur, such as Triple Sec
- 1 bottle (750 ml) cold sparkling white wine
- Fruit slices, such as lime, pear and apple
- 1 Mix sugar, water and ancho chile pepper in medium saucepan until well blended. Stir in hibiscus flowers. Bring to simmer on medium heat. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Strain into large pitcher. Refrigerate until syrup is well chilled
- 2 Stir juices and liqueur into syrup. Just before serving, gently stir in sparkling wine. Pour into ice-filled cocktail glasses. Garnish with fruit slices
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner