Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2 El Guapo® Whole Chipotle Chili Pepper Pods (Chile Chipotle Entero), stemmed and seeded
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken parts
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's® Casero Adobo with Pepper
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 medium garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 1 pound baby gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1 teaspoon El Guapo® Whole Oregano (Oregano Entero)
- 2 El Guapo® Mexican Bay Leaves (Laurel)
- 1 Place Chipotle Chili Pods in medium a heat-safe bowl. Add hot water; cover. Let stand at least 10 minutes until softened. Transfer chilies and water to blender container; cover. Blend on HIGH speed until smooth. Set aside.
- 2 Heat 2 tablespoon of the oil in large deep saucepan on medium heat. Season chicken with Abobo Seasoning. Place chicken in saucepan. Cook 3 to 5 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove chicken; set aside.
- 3 Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to saucepan. Add onions and bell pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Stir in tomato paste; cook and stir 2 minutes until dark red in color. Add chipotle sauce, stock, potatoes, olives, oregano and bay leaves. Bring to boil.
- 4 Return chicken to saucepan. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover. Cook 1 hour until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving. Serve with hot cooked white rice.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner