YOUR SHOPPING LIST IS CURRENTLY EMPTY
Plan Your Meals
Learn More About
Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT / WHO IS EL GUAPO®?El Guapo® is the leading Hispanic bagged herbs, spices and seasoning brand in the U.S. and has been providing families with authentic ingredients for over 30 years. Born in Los Angeles, the mecca of Mexican American cuisine, we are passionate about food and understand flavor is deeply rooted in our heritage. Our goal is to share our love with family and loved ones by delivering the most authentic ingredients to help you recreate the flavors of “home.”Food gives us a sense of identity: a connection to our past, present, and future. We understand the importance of keeping traditions alive with the familiar flavors you grew up with. Whether it’s your abuela’s infamous pozole or mom’s mole poblano, there’s pride in sharing the love for our culture with family and friends through food. We’re here to help you recreate the same flavors of those cherished dishes that connect us back to our roots. Food is made con amor and it all starts with the best, high-quality ingredients you can trust."
- WHAT KIND OF PRODUCTS DOES EL GUAPO® OFFER?El Guapo® offers a wide range of high-quality bagged herbs, spices and seasonings that are traditionally used in Hispanic cooking: ranging from dried chili peppers, corn husks and spices.• Chile Pods: includes staples like Guajillo, Arbol, Pasilla Ancho, California, New Mexico• Spices & Herbs: Oregano, Bay Leaf, Whole/Ground Cinnamon, Cumin, Cloves, Ground Chili Peppers, Crushed Red Pepper, Garlic• Other: Corn Husks, Whole/Ground Dried Shrimp, Piloncillo (Sugar), Sesame Seeds, Hibiscus
- WHERE CAN I FIND EL GUAPO®?El Guapo® products are available in stores across the United States. Click here https://www.mccormick.com/el-guapo/where-to-buy to find stores in your state that carry it. You can also find us online on Amazon and Amazon Fresh, depending on your location.
DO YOU ACCEPT IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS, INCLUDING FOR NEW PRODUCTS?
Thank you for your interest in our products. As a practice, we do not accept ideas or suggestions relating to new products, flavors, packaging, marketing, or recipes as we have departments devoted to product and marketing innovation.
Thank you for being a fan!
- HOW DO I COOK WITH EL GUAPO® CHILE PODS?Check out our recipes at https://www.mccormick.com/el-guapo/el-guapo-flavor for inspiration, where we feature a variety of traditional Mexican dishes. While it depends on the specific recipe, we recommend the following steps to get the most flavor in your dish:Roasting [optional]: pre-heat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit, place cleaned chili pods onto a cookie sheet and roast for about 15-20 minutes. Let it cool.Clean: Remove stems and shake out the seeds if you want less heat. Rinse chile pods. TIP: WEAR GLOVES for this step or wash hands thoroughly after touching the seeds/inside of the peppers as it contains capsaicin oil. (Capsaicin - is an active component of chili peppers, which are plants belonging to the genus Capsicum. It is a chemical irritant producing a sensation of burning when it comes into contact with skin.)Re-Hydrate: Place cleaned chile pods in a large pot and cover with enough water. Bring water to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for 10-20 minutes until soft. Drain and set aside to cool down. Follow the recipe!
- WHY IS THERE NO INGREDIENT / CONTAINS STATEMENT ON MY SPICE / HERB?If no “Ingredients” or “Contains” statement appears on the product label, then the product is as it appears in the product name (e.g. Chile Quebrado).
- HOW CAN I GET COUPONS FOR YOUR PRODUCTS?Thanks for your interest in our products! While we don’t mail out coupons, you will find sales and promotions on our products from time to time in your local grocery store.