Texas chili is its own unique style of chili- it does not contain beans or any tomato product! Instead, it mainly consists of meat and a thick chili paste made from dried peppers like El Guapo® New Mexico Chili Pods and Ancho Chili Pods. Texas chili is its own unique style of chili- it does not contain beans or any tomato product! Instead, it mainly consists of meat and a thick chili paste made from dried peppers like El Guapo® New Mexico Chili Pods and Ancho Chili Pods. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 5 El Guapo® Whole New Mexico Chili Pods (Chile Nuevo Mexico Entero), stemmed and seeded
- 2 El Guapo® Whole Pasilla Ancho Chili Pods (Chile Pasilla Ancho), stemmed and seeded
- 1 container (4 cups) beef stock, divided
- 2 teaspoons El Guapo® Garlic Salt (Sal de Ajo), divded
- 1/2 teaspoon El Guapo® Ground Black Pepper (Pimienta Negra Molida)
- 1/2 teaspoon El Guapo® Ground Cumin (Comino Molido)
- vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup masa harina
- 1 Wipe chilies with damp paper towel to remove any dust. Place in large bowl. Add enough hot water to cover. Cover bowl. Let stand 15 minutes. Transfer chilies to blender container, discarding soaking liquid. Add 1 cup stock and 1 teaspoon of the Garlic Salt; cover. Puree until smooth; set aside.
- 2 Season beef with remaining 1 teaspoon of the Garlic Salt and Black Pepper. Heat lard in large stockpot until shimmering. Working in batches, place beef in stockpot in single layer. Brown on all sides. Remove from pot. Set aside. Add onions to stockpot; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3 Whisk 1 cup of the remaining stock and masa harina in small bowl until well blended and smooth. Add to stockpot with onions. Stir in chili mixture and remaining 2 cups stock. Return beef to pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover. Simmer 2 to 2 1/2 hours until beef is tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced jalapenos, and chopped cilantro to serve, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner