Ingredients 8 Servings
- 3 pounds beef tripe, (beef stomach)
- 10 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 5 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup El Guapo® Menudo Seasoning (Sazon Para Menudo), plus more to serve
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cans (15 ounces) hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 Bring large pot of water to boil on high heat. Meanwhile, place 4 cups of the water and vinegar in large bowl. Add tripe, turning to rinse well in vinegar mixture. Rinse thoroughly with fresh water; drain well. Trim any excess fat from edges of tripe. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Add tripe to boiling water; reduce heat to medium and simmer 30 minutes. Drain water and rinse tripe again with fresh water. Set aside.
- 2 Heat oil in large saucepot on medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook 5 minutes until softened. Add tripe, remaining 6 cups water and Menudo Seasoning. Bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Add hominy; cook, uncovered, 10 minutes longer. Sprinkle with additional Menudo Seasoning and garnish with lime wedges, chopped onion and cilantro.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner