Like a traditional gumbo, this recipe is cooked without ordinary rice. Start your gumbo with Zatarain’s Gumbo Base, and prepare some Long Grain Parboiled Rice to create a more complete creole meal.
Ingredients 10 (1 cup) Servings
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped celery, 1-inch chunks
green bell pepper, 1-inch chunks
- chopped red bell pepper, 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1-inch chunks
- 6 cups water
- 1 package Zatarain's® Gumbo Mix
- 2 cups frozen okra slices
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 Cook bacon in Dutch oven or large saucepan on medium-high heat until crisp. Add celery, bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until vegetables begin to softened.
- 2 Stir in water and Rice Mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add okra and shrimp; cook 10 minutes longer or until rice is tender and shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with green onions, before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner