New Orleans chef Amanda Calais has loved Zatarain’s Yellow Rice her whole life. Watch as she uses it to create a Creole paella that’s all her own. Get the recipe below. Recipe credit: Amanda Calais
Ingredients 12 Servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 pound Andouille sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 cups clam juice
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 packages (6.9 ounces each) Zatarain's® Yellow Rice Mix
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
clams , cleaned and rinsed
- mussels, cleaned and rinsed
- chopped green onions
- 1 Heat oil in 8-quart Dutch oven on medium heat. Add onion, bell peppers and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onions begin to brown. Add sausage; cook and stir 5 minutes longer or until browned.
- 2 Stir in wine, clam juice and diced tomatoes. Bring to boil. Stir in Rice Mixes and olives; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3 Stir in shrimp and clams. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes longer or just until shrimp turn pink, clams have opened and rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner