Transform Zatarain’s® Buttermilk Biscuit Mix into buttery, moist dumplings for a classic dish with a New Orleans twist! Served with Creole-seasoned chicken and vegetables, it’s sure to be a hit. Best of all, it’s prepped and on the table in under an hour.
Ingredients 12 Servings
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 box ZATARAIN'S® Buttermilk Biscuit Mix, divided
Kitchen Basics® Original Chicken Stock
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Zatarain's® New Orleans Style Creole Seasoning
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 Melt 1/4 cup of the butter in large saucepan or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of the Biscuit Mix. Stir with whisk until mixture is well blended. Add stock, 1 cup of the milk, water, garlic, thyme and Creole Seasoning; whisk until mixture is smooth.
- 2 Stir in chicken and vegetables. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium.
- 3 Stir remaining Biscuit Mix, remaining 1 cup milk and 1/4 cup melted butter in medium bowl until mixture forms a soft dough. Shape dough into 12 dumplings. Drop dumplings onto chicken mixture. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cover. Cook 10 minutes longer or until dumplings are cooked through.