Create your FlavorProfile!
Find just-for-you recipes, save favorites and more when you customize your FlavorProfile.
Yellow rice appears nightly on dinner plates across New Orleans as a flavorful substitute for plain white rice. This popular mix elevates yellow rice with the addition of real broccoli and works perfectly as a side dish or as the foundation of a tasty casserole.
On its own, Zatarain’s Yellow Rice With Broccoli is easy to make and pairs perfectly with a range of meats and vegetables. Or try amping it up with pimientos, peas, lime juice, onion, cumin and garlic powder to create an exciting Cuban-style side dish.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 2 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine in 2-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 2 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 15 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
ENRICHED LONG GRAIN PARBOILED RICE (RICE, IRON, NIACIN, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, FOLIC ACID), BROCCOLI, SALT, ONION, YEAST EXTRACT GARLIC, SUGAR, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, SPICES (INCLUDING TURMERIC, RED PEPPER), ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, BROWN SUGAR & NATURAL FLAVOR.
1/3 cup dry mix (65g) = 1 cup prepared