Get the Free Meal Planning Tool That Can Show You How.
Start your FREE 1-year subscription to DinnerTime.com — the online tool that helps you plan, shop and cook dinner every night.
To access this FREE offer, set up your FlavorProfile now!
Yellow rice, or arroz amarillo in Spanish, is a culinary staple in nearly every Latin American culture. It is commonly served as a simple side dish or, more famously, simmered with chicken and other ingredients to create arroz con pollo.
This savory side dish boasts an exciting blend of flavors that includes turmeric, onion and red pepper. Zatarain’s Family Size Yellow Rice is simple to prepare, cooks to fluffy perfection every time, and presents a beautiful complement to a range of meats and vegetables. Try it with chicken and asparagus or pork chops and green beans. Yellow Rice will be your new favorite trick for quick weeknight meals. Family Size means six servings per box – 50% more than regular size boxes.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 3 3/4 cups water, Rice Mix and 2 tbsp. butter or margarine in 3-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 3 3/4 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 2 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 3-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 15 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
ENRICHED LONG GRAIN PARBOILED RICE (RICE, IRON, NIACIN, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, FOLIC ACID), ONION, SALT, YEAST EXTRACT, RED & GREEN BELL PEPPER, SUGAR, GARLIC, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, SPICES (INCLUDING TURMERIC, RED PEPPER), BROWN SUGAR & NATURAL FLAVOR.
1/3 cup dry mix (57g) = 1 cup prepared