STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 2 1/2 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine in 2-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 2 1/2 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 15 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
ENRICHED LONG GRAIN PARBOILED RICE (RICE, IRON, NIACIN, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, FOLIC ACID), ONION, SALT, YEAST EXTRACT, RED & GREEN BELL PEPPER, SUGAR, GARLIC, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, SPICES (INCLUDING TURMERIC, RED PEPPER), BROWN SUGAR & NATURAL FLAVOR.
1/3 cup dry mix (56g) = (1 cup prepared)
Great product! Good flavor and goes nicely with chicken, beef or seafood.
Michelle | September 13, 2014
This is a good basic rice side dish. Good flavor!
Shari | July 18, 2014
Used to LOVE the product, but now eat gluten free or get sick. Concerned about the yeast. "Brewer’s yeast is most often, but not always, a by-product of beer, so it will contain gluten. Barley is the source. Since barley doesn’t have to be called out on labels here in the United States, all products containing Brewer’s yeast and for which the source is unknown should be avoided." COMMENT re: source would be appreciated.
Madelyn | September 12, 2014
How about this COMMENT. Box says "Gluten Free" on front. Ingredients list "Hydrolyzed Corn Gluten and Soy Protein". What is that? Not to mention "Monosodium Glutamate" (aka MSG). Thanks Zatarain's.
Kelly | October 05, 2014