Add 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) of diced tomatoes to prepare your dish.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 1 1/2 cups water, 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 1 1/2 cups hot water, 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 16 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
ENRICHED LONG GRAIN PARBOILED RICE (RICE, IRON, NIACIN, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, FOLIC ACID), ONION, RED & GREEN BELL PEPPER, SPICES (INCLUDING RED PEPPER), SALT, SUGAR, YEAST EXTRACT, SOY SAUCE (HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, SALT), AND GARLIC.
1/4 cup dry mix (43g) = 1 cup prepared
This is hard to find, but it makes easy Spanish rice. I like to use a 15 ounce can of tomato sauce and top with a little shredded cheddar cheese.
Shari | July 18, 2014
Zatarain's Spanish Rice is the best, none of the others even come close. I use it with low sodium tomatoes or tomatoes from our garden. Sometimes I add corn and /or ground beef. It makes easy and delicious stuffed peppers. I am also having a difficult time finding it. Our grocery store carried it until recently. It carries other flavors but not Spanish Rice. I've put in a request for them to carry it again but haven't seen it or heard from them. I've checked a couple of other stores but haven't been able to find it.
Nancy | September 17, 2016
This product compliments my enchiladas recipe well. But it's hard to find now. Not even the local grocery store or Walmart carries it anymore.
Alexis | February 23, 2015
My family loves the Spanish Rice. No other brand compares. Yet I cannot find it in the regular places. Where is it currently being sold?
Betheny Hawkins | March 20, 2016
LOVE IT! we use rotel (pick your favorite variety) instead of dices tomato and add in steak sliced thin and sauteed. Top with cheese and sour cream.
Josie Barber | April 22, 2016
Used with a can of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies and this was a huge hit in the office.
Jessica | April 28, 2014
Love this Spanish rice. Used it to stuff bell peppers. Best I've ever had. It will be a staple in my house.
Reba | September 28, 2016
It's a bit salty, so I use low-sodium diced tomatoes (fire-roasted, if I can find them...). I'll also add a diced fresh jalapeno and maybe a diced serrano chile for heat. Great with black beans and one or two poached eggs! Add a couple of fresh tortillas and it's a good hearty breakfast.
Paul | March 24, 2014
Spanish rice and the jambalaya have both made me sick. Not sure how many PPM of gluten is in these but I am defiantly having a problem with your products. It was exciting to see easy meals labeled gluten free and then end up begin sick for days after.
Shannon | March 07, 2014