Sprinkled with McCormick® Ground Cinnamon and Ginger, air fried (or oven baked) carrots with crispy bacon are sweet, savory and make the perfect side dish. Drizzle a spiced maple glaze over top to finish.
- 4 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Onion Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground White Pepper
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 4-inch sticks (about 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley, (optional)
- 1 Mix corn starch, cinnamon, ginger, onion salt and pepper in small bowl until well blended. Reserve 1 tablespoon; set aside. Place carrots and bacon in large bowl. Sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture; toss to coat.
- 2 Spray air fryer basket with no stick cooking spray. Preheat air fryer on 380°F for 3 minutes. Place carrots and bacon in air fryer basket in single layer, being careful not to over-crowd. Spray lightly with no stick cooking spray.
- 3 Air fry 8 minutes. Shake basket to toss carrots. Air Fry 5 minutes longer or until carrots are tender and lightly browned, and bacon is crispy. Transfer to serving platter; keep warm. Repeat with remaining carrot mixture.
- 4 Whisk maple syrup and reserved seasoning mixture in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Stir. Drizzle over carrot fries; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•Air Fryer cooking temperatures vary; adjust temperature and time as needed.
•Add 1/2 teaspoon fresh orange zest to the maple glaze for a citrusy twist.
•Great with other veggies, too! Swap parsnips for the carrots or try with halved Brussels sprouts.
•Want to prepare Carrot Fries in the oven? Arrange carrot mixture on large shallow baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Bake in preheated 425°F oven 18 minutes until carrots are tender and lightly browned, and bacon is crispy, rotating pan halfway through cooking. Glaze as directed above.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner