Cooked on the stovetop or in the Instant Pot®, convenient one-pot meals like this chicken and rice dish make weeknights better. Flavored with McCormick® Hint of Salt Caribbean Jerk Seasoning – it doesn’t get any easier than this.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 4 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® A Hint of Sea Salt Caribbean Jerk Chicken Seasoning, divided
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and peppers to skillet. Sprinkle evenly with 3 teaspoons of the Seasoning. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned.
- 2 Stir in stock, orange juice, rice, black beans and remaining Seasoning. Bring to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook 20 to 25 minutes, stirring halfway through, until most of the liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped green onion and serve with lime wedges, if desired.
- 3 Instant Pot® Cooking Method: To prepare in Instant Pot, reduce amounts of both chicken stock and orange juice to 1 cup each. Heat oil in Instant Pot on SAUTE function. Add chicken and peppers to pot. Sprinkle with 3 teaspoons of the Seasoning. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in stock, orange juice, rice, black beans and remaining Seasoning. Close lid. Set Valve to Seal. Select PRESSURE COOK (MANUAL); cook 6 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE. When done, quick-release the pressure. Open lid once pressure inside pot is completely released. Sprinkle with chopped green onion and serve with lime wedges, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner