The popularity of sliders is now reaching the backyard grill. These sliders are seasoned with Lawry’s® Santa Fe Chili Marinade and a topping of chopped, grilled poblano chile and tomatoes.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 tablespoons Lawry's® Santa Fe Chili Marinade with Lime and Garlic, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 poblano chile, halved and seeded
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese, halved
- small dinner rolls
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 Mix ground beef and 3 tablespoons of the marinade in medium bowl until well blended. Shape into 4 patties. Mix mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon of the remaining marinade in small bowl. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 Grill poblano chile over medium heat 10 minutes or until charred, turning occasionally. Place poblano in bowl. Cover; let stand 10 minutes. Peel and coarsely chop poblano. Toss poblano with tomatoes and remaining 1 tablespoon marinade until well blended. Set aside.
- 3 Grill burgers over medium heat 3 minutes per side or until cooked through (internal temperature of 160°F), brushing with additional marinade, if desired. Place cheese on burgers 1 minute before cooking is completed.
- 4 Spread slider rolls with mayonnaise mixture. Serve burgers on rolls topped with poblano mixture and avocado slices, if desired.