Take a trip to South America with this hearty slow cooker meal featuring the vibrant colors and flavors of Brazil. McCormick herbs and spices, along with savory chicken stock, add rich, homemade taste to chicken, rice and vegetables as they simmer in the slow cooker.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Oregano Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
unsalted chicken stock
- reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup converted white rice
- frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Mix sea salt, oregano, turmeric and black pepper in small bowl. Season chicken evenly with 1 teaspoon of the mixture. Reserve remaining spice mixture.
- 2 Mix stock, tomatoes, rice, corn, peas, and reserved spice mixture in 6-quart slow cooker.
- 3 Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes per side or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet and place in slow cooker. Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir onion mixture into slow cooker. Cover.
- 4 Cook 1 1/2 hours on HIGH or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Turn off slow cooker and let stand 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner